LIVE Deadline reached for Russian consular residence in San Francisco to be vacated: stakeout 37 watching now 20 16 SHARE Ruptly TV Started streaming 13 hours ago SUBSCRIBE 271K SUBSCRIBE SUBSCRIBED UNSUBSCRIBE Ruptly is LIVE outside the official consular residence of the Russian Federation in San Francisco on Monday, October 2, as the October 1 deadline for vacating the residence expires. Russian diplomats were allowed to remain in the premises until this date, following the announcement on Septem
The last group of Russian diplomats have left the mansion of Russia’s Consulate-General in San Francisco ahead of the deadline which expired midnight on October 1. The two remaining families residing at the main Consulate building departed Friday and Saturday. The Russian Consulate in San Francisco, as well as two buildings in Washington and New York, were forced to shut operations on September 2 on orders from US State Department. The evictions, which Russia say violates international law, were supervised by US federal agents who took control of the properties. The diplomats who resided in the main San Francisco Consulate building and the Consulate General’s mansion were allowed to temporarily stay in their apartments, which they could access passing federal security checkpoints, but were ordered to vacate their quarters by October 1.
Opinion–The Moscow Times–Sep 3, 2017
Xinhua–1 hour ago
The National–5 hours ago
The Jerusalem Post–Oct 1, 2017
Jewish Telegraphic Agency–Oct 1, 2017
Sputnik International–12 hours ago
TASS–12 hours ago
Livemint–4 hours ago
Haaretz–3 hours ago
<a href=”http://gulfnews.com” rel=”nofollow”>gulfnews.com</a>–5 hours ago
International–Arab News–20 hours ago
Here’s what we know:
• Mr. Paddock was found dead on the 32nd floor of the Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino, the police said, and authorities believe he committed suicide.
• At least 10 guns were found in Mr. Paddock’s hotel room, including several rifles.
• Mr. Paddock was a resident of Mesquite, Nev., about 80 miles northeast of Las Vegas. Quinn Averett, a spokesman for the Mesquite police, said the department has had no previous contact with Mr. Paddock.
• The Las Vegas police also had nothing more than a routine traffic violation on Mr. Paddock, according to Kevin McMahill, the department’s undersheriff.
How the attack at a country music festival unfolded.
• The authorities searched Mr. Paddock’s home on Monday morning, finding guns and ammunition, Mr. Averett said.
• Sheriff Joseph Lombardo of the Las Vegas police called Mr. Paddock a “lone wolf” and said that it had not been evident that he was keeping weapons in his room, where he had been since Thursday. Employees who had been in his room had not noticed anything suspicious, the sheriff said.
• A companion of Mr. Paddock’s was questioned by the Las Vegas police but was not believed to have been involved in the shooting.
• The shooting began around 10:08 p.m. local time, the police said. The authorities estimated that 406 people were transported to hospitals. More than 22,000 people were at the concert.
• Mr. Paddock’s brother, Eric Paddock, told CBS that the suspect had owned several handguns and possibly a long gun, adding that he was “dumbfounded” by the shooting.
• He said that his brother sometimes gambled in Las Vegas and that he had last heard from him during Hurricane Irma, when the suspect checked in with relatives who lived in Florida.
• Mr. Paddock held additional property in northern Nevada that would be searched later Monday, the Las Vegas police said.
• He worked from 1985 to 1988 for a company that is now part of Lockheed Martin.
What we don’t know:
• The suspect’s motive is unclear.
• It is not yet clear whether the suspect planned the shooting alone or was working with others.
• The authorities have not announced whether the suspect had any ties to domestic or international terrorist groups.
Stephen Paddock Doesn’t Fit Mass Shooter Profile
The 64-year-old Nevada resident lived in a retirement community. He has no criminal record, at least none we’ve been able to find so far. We found Paddock has a hunting license in Alaska. He got a pilot’s license in 2003, which means he’s undergone …
The president said he would travel to Las Vegas on Wednesday to meet with police, first responders and the families of victims of the mass shooting that left more than 50 dead. In remarks delivered from the White House, President Trump called the shooting an act of “pure evil” while offering condolences to the families […]